The keyboard takes up a significant amount of space on the iPad 2, even the improvements in iOS 5 don't help open up the space much better. The case is available in White (brown keyboard tones) and black (blue keyboard tones) for $89.99, here are the details from Hatch & Co:
- Slim, light, and incredibly convenient.
- Protection and productivity in one stunning design.
- The perfect companion to iPad simplicity.
- Type without losing half your screen to a virtual keyboard.
- iPad automatically wakes up / sleeps when you open the case.
- Speed keys for home, volume, music, and keypad sounds.
- Battery lasts two weeks (six weeks on standby).
- Special surface adds texture to keys, enhancing your typing experience.
- 9.6” x 7.7” x 0.6” (245 mm x 195 mm x 15 mm) (iPad 2 + 0.24” (6 mm) in thickness)
- Weight: 10.4 oz (323 g)
- Wireless: Bluetooth V 2.0 standard
- Battery capacity: 410 mAh
- Battery working time: 68 hours
- Battery standby time: 45 days
- Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
- Non-operating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Maximum non-pressurized operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3,000 m)