Entering DFU Mode for the iPad is the same as the methods for the iPhone or iPod Touch DFU Mode if you are familar. Below are the instructions to get your iPad into DFU mode to allow for a redsn0w jailbreak.
- Plug the iPad into your computer (while it is ON)
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC
- Begin to hold down the Power button and the Home button at the same time
- Keep pressing both of these buttons for 10 seconds
- After 10 seconds, release the power button (top left) but continue to press the Home button for another 3 to 5 seconds
- While in DFU mode, your iPad screen will stay completely darkened. If the Apple logo appears...you have not entered DFU mode
- iTunes will tell you that recovery mode has been detected, ignore this if you plan to Jailbreak your iPad
- Once DFU mode has been entered, your jailbreak/firmware software should take over.