Here is a couple minute video (much more interesting than ours) from iFixit with the highlights of their iPad 2 teardown...a few key findings: The iPad 2 glass display was found to be much thinner, from 0.85 millimeters to 0.62 millimeters. The LCD display thickness is around 25% of the total iPad 2 thickness still at 2.4 millimeters.
More iPad 2 specifics from iFixit...
Other components that power the iPad 2:
- Toshiba TH58NVG7D2FLA89 16GB NAND Flash
- Broadcom BCM5973KFBGH Microcontroller
- Broadcom BCM5974 CKFBGH capacitative touchscreen controller
- Texas Instruments CD3240B0 11AZ4JT touchscreen line driver
- Broadcom BCM43291HKUBC Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/FM tuner combo chip
- S6T2MLC N33C50V Power Management IC
- ST Micro AGD8 2103 gyroscope
- ST Micro LIS331DLH accelerometer