- Interact and explore the pages, rich with animations and mini-games.
- Personalize the story by recording your own voice or the voice of your child.
- Choose to listen to the story narrated by a professional adult narrator or a child narrator.
- Turn pages manually and move back and forth through the story at your own pace.
- Turn off all sounds and narration for quiet reading experience.
- Three ways to read this e-book:
- Read the story aloud with your child, enjoying the story at your own pace.
- Listen to the story professional narrated, turning the pages manually.
- Select Autoplay for a movie like experience. Pages are turned and read automatically.
- Perfect for pre-readers.
5 sample adventures to show what iStory is capable of:
- Bobo – Bobo the baby elephant is growing up! During his adventure, he faces challenges and learns that growing up is sometimes scary but also exciting.
- Hopus – Help Hopus, the magical white rabbit, discover the “unfamiliar and exciting” world of life outside the magician’s hat.
- Dog Detectives – Explore the wildlife and culture of the Australian Outback with the Dog Detectives and help them solve the mystery of the missing didgeridoo.
- To the Rescue – Learn about friendship and kindness with Chico and his new friend the mermaid. You’ll explore the underwater world of the ocean, play with crabs, go swimming and discover all the interactive objects in the story.
- Philippe’s Wish – Join Philippe in his balloon adventure to the stars. Kids have fun as they guide Philippe’s balloon across the sky, connect dot-to-dot stars and capture a star.
Rather than another book reader on the iPad, each iStory book functions as its own app with its own icon
“The iStory line of children’s books are delightful for kids to read, and teach valuable lessons such as the importance of accepting those who may be different, but of course what really sets them apart is the fun and interactive aspect of the books which children just find fascinating,” says Duston. “Our team of writers, artists and programmers have done a phenomenal job of creating a series of iStories that will make children anxious to read and we hope parents will appreciate how their amazing iPads can be used to help educate and entertain their children.” Via PRWebiStory Books are available for $1 from the App Store.
As one of the developers of Bobo, we designed the interactivity to enhance the comprehension of the story and added a lot of humor and exploration. I especially like the page where you can swat the dust bugs with a broom and have them fly off the screen.