- Jailbreak your AppleTV using PwnageTool
- SSH into your Apple TV2, the default password is “alpine”
- Type “passwd” and enter a new password (if you haven’t already)
- Type: echo “deb http://apt.awkwardtv.org ./” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/awkwardtv.list
- Type: apt-get update
- Type: apt-get install com.nito.nitoTV
- Type: killall Lowtide
There were two things I was waiting for before I bought an AppleTV: Firstly, I'm waiting for iOS 4.2 with AirPlay to come to my iPad. Second, I like greenpois0n to jailbreak my AppleTV to allow access to the file system. Looks like I should go ahead and order it now that iOS hacker p0sixninja (Joshua Hill) has jailbroken the AppleTV.
With an unreleased version of greenpois0n, p0sixninja was able to exploit the operating system of an AppleTV.