GeoHot jumped the gun requiring Greenpois0n to now be delayed because Chronic Dev Team & iPhone Dev Team don't want to burn a 2nd bootrom exploit.
we have 3 options, A) Not release greenpois0n, B) Burn a second bootrom expoit, or C) Break our ETA and implement geo's exploit
we'll probably go with option C, but i'm too pissed off to work on this tonight. i'm going to go get wasted
And from iPhone Dev Team blog post this morning...
The release of limera1n has (hopefully!) averted the burning of 2 bootrom holes at once (both his and SHAtter). Releasing SHAtter now would be a complete waste of a perfectly good bootrom hole in light of limera1n, and so it can be held until Apple closes limera1n’s hole. While there’s no guarantee that Apple won’t also close SHAtter by then, it provides a ray of hope for devices after Apple’s bootrom respin. Meanwhile, look for an alternate implementation of the limera1n exploit in greenpois0n (and possibly other tools), where it should undergo more testing too.