The large clock numbers make it easy to read and the background changes depending on the time of day it is. You can set your alarm before you go to bed and then enjoy a little music if you prefer as you doze off. Choose from sleep times of 5, 10 or 30 minutes and access music from your iTunes account or a variety of Internet radio station as well.
Set the alarm before bed, fall asleep to music, wake up to your favorite internet radio station (or song from iTunes), hop in the shower, get dressed according to the weather, then read your preferred websites over breakfast, all in one elegant package. Like all apps, this one must be running to work as an alarm; however, you can let your iPad go to sleep and have it still work. This will be much easier after the release of iOS 4.2 for iPad to allow multitasking.
Now if we only had a landscape mount for our iPad, but it appears to be coming!
- Alarm can wake you with radio or beep. Also works with your iTunes library
- "Backup alarm" switches to beep/vibrate if it can't connect to the internet.
- Touch to snooze
- Alarm on/off indicator, touch to set alarm
- Warning indicator if your volume is muted
- Beautiful clockface and animated time change
- Touch to change background image behind alarm clock
- Sky background color varies with the time of day
- "Sleep timer" lets you fall asleep to music (it turns off)
- Automatic location
- Manual entry of city if you prefer
- Up-to-date weather information for anywhere in the world that information exists
- Select from the best internet radio stations or your iTunes music
- Shows album and track information
- Vibrant audio visualizer or album cover art
- Search, history
- Full suite of browser navigation features
- Easy to use visual presets like your car stereo only better
- Add and delete presets with ease
I use this app during much of the day even though the "alarm clock" feature is only used about 20 minutes a day (counting snoozes...).
It's the ability to listen to internet radio rather than just iTunes and to easily switch between that radio and the web that makes the app really nice. It's like the alarm clock is the gravy.Finally you will be happy to wake up in the morning! The best nightstand solution. You can listen to radio, read news and see the weather without even open the window. I love this little app!
Nightstand is available for $2 from the app store