Sonos, Inc., the leading developer of wireless multi-room music systems for the home, today announced that the Sonos Controller for iPad is now available as a free app in the iTunes App Store.
Building upon the success of the highly rated and very popular Sonos Controller for iPhone, the Sonos Controller for iPad is a new, dedicated music controller that is optimized for the iPad's large touch screen. From the comfort of your couch, you and your friends can view your rooms, your music and what songs are playing – all at once-in landscape or portrait mode. Quickly search for your favorite artists by typing on the virtual keyboard and browse through albums by pointing and flicking. The Sonos Controller for iPad allows everyone in the home to play DJ. You can browse, search and drag and drop to create the perfect playlist. Get a complete view of what's playing in every zone, complete with full-color album art, elapsed time of a song, and more. Group your zones together or play different songs in different rooms – without interrupting music playback.
- Wirelessly stream millions of songs and stations all over the house — no computer required.
- Play the same song in every room or different songs in every room.
- Instantly access music stored on your computer, and play tunes from a NAS drive or Apple Time Capsule without turning on your computer.
- Control the music selection and volume in each room individually.
- Search for any song with the touch-screen keyboard.
- Wake up or fall asleep to your favorite music or Internet radio station with full-featured alarms.
- Set up or expand the Sonos system wirelessly with a touch of a finger.