We’ve seen several artists already creating some impressive artwork with the iPad. SketchBook Pro has been used to create quick sketches or print-quality production artwork. I’m not even close to being an artist, but have had some time to play with this application, and I can say is quite intuitive.
Whether you’re an artist or a professional illustrator, SketchBook Pro allows you to be very creative with your iPad.
- Full Screen work space with support for any device orientation
- Canvas size: 1024 x 768
- Two finger pan & zoom navigation with 2500% zoom
- Three finger tap for controls
- Three finger swipe gestures for quick access
- Professional grade paint engine delivers smooth and precise brush strokes
- 75 preset brushes, including pencils, pens, markers, natural media and photo brushes
- New Nature & Stamp brushes
- Flood fill and smear tool
- Completely customizable brush settings for each brush
- Draw styles for creating straight lines, rectangles, and circles
- Synthetic pressure sensitivity (brush fade-off)
- 10 levels of undo and redo (Quick Access: three finger swipe left and right)
- Dynamic symmetric drawing
- Quick Access: Three finger swipe down on canvas
- Individual brushes can now be reset to factory settings by pressing and holding on their icons until the reset dialogue appears.