The game starts out with a few semi-harmless zombies and some less-than-potent plants that you will need to attack and kill the oncoming onslaught of the undead. As you level up, the zombies become more menacing and the plants more lethal.
Your biggest challenges will be deciding how many sunflowers to plant, figuring out how to protect them, and picking plants to use in your arsenal of attack for each level. Don’t forget that you will need the sunflowers to buy the plants you need. Also, the plants you choose for each level will vary on whether it’s day or night, and their ability to kill depends on the zombies you’re fighting against.
As you level up in the game’s adventure mode, you get access to plant new types of flowers and other zombie thwarting weapons. As you get into the higher levels, you get a much better arsenal, but the brings in different types of zombies making the game more of a challenge. An example, there is a zombie which holds a screen door that blocks you from shooting peas at it. There’s also a football player zombie which runs faster than other zombies.
- Dig into multi-touch gameplay exclusively on iPad. Play with up to 11 simultaneous touch points and challenge all your fingers!
- Marvel at high-definition graphics on the dazzling iPad display.
- Harvest fields of fun with 18 Mini-Games, including the exclusive iPad-only game, “Buttered Popcorn!”
- Earn exclusive iPad achievements.
- Battle 26 types of zombies including pole-vaulters, snorkelers and a Zombie Bobsled Team.
- Conquer all 50 levels of Adventure mode — through day, night and fog, in a swimming pool and on the rooftop.
- Test your home guardin’ skills in the ultra-challenging Survival mode.
- Replay your favorite levels in Quick Play mode.
- Earn 49 powerful plants like peashooters, wall-nuts, and cherry bombs.
- Unlock the Almanac to see all the plants and zombies, unearth amusing “facts” and quotes!
Since its introduction on the iPhone and iPod touch in February, Plants vs. Zombies has sold more than 650,000 units. With this latest adaptation, PopCap is propelling the Plants vs. Zombies franchise to new heights – delivering even more great gameplay and exclusive features tuned specifically for iPad. The Plants vs. Zombies HD app for iPad is available for US$9.99 from the App Store on iPad.
Recent iPad App Reviews