Will it work on your iDevice?
- Original iPhones (2007) cannot run iOS 4 or run any apps developed for iOS 4. WTF
- iPhone 3G (2008) owners can run iOS 4, but multitasking is not supported. WTF
- iPhone 3GS (2009) and the upcoming iPhone 4 are fully compatible with iOS 4. YEA
- Original iPod Touch (2007) devices cannot run iOS 4.
- Second-generation iPod Touch (2008) devices can run iOS 4, but multitasking is not supported.
- Third-generation iPod Touch (2009 and current) devices fully support iOS4.
- You won’t get iOS 4 until fall. WTF
Here’s how to install the update:
- Upgrade your iTunes version to 9.2.
- Back up your data! Plug in your iOS device via USB and hit Sync.
- When you’re done syncing, click Check for Update.
- Download iOS 4, then follow instructions to install. Done!