The process of turning your iPhone into a wireless modem for the iPad looks quite simple. According to AppAdvice, which originally reported on MiWi, all you have to is launch the app and flip the “WiFi Tethering” option to “On.” Your iPhone will create a Wi-Fi network that you can choose with your iPad.
There is a drawback, of course: Jailbreaking comes with risks. Apple recently issued a support bulletin stating that hacking your iPhone can result in application instability, unreliable voice and data service and other issues. As well as the modem "mode" drains the iPhone battery pretty quickly.
The MyWi app can be downloaded through the Rock app store available for jailbroken iPhones. It costs $10, and includes a free 10-day trial. Here is more information on an iPhone Spirit Jailbreak Download.
Create a WiFi HotSpot with a press of a finger! Wherever you are - you can connect your laptop or other mobile device to your iPhone easily!
- Create WiFi Hotspot to connect mutiple laptops or mobile devices to share your iPhone's internet connection
- 40 bit and 104 bit WEP Security to prevent others from accessing your WiFi HotSpot
- Ability to enable USB and Bluetooth Tethering on your iPhone as well
- Broadcasts the Network Name (SSID) - no need to fuss with creating an adhoc network on your laptop
- Uses less battery and much faster then PdaNet due to native routing
- Shows up and down bandwith usage