- Was going to be a Google Android powered tablet available later this year, but RIM changed their mind
- It will be designed for the consumer market, not so much for core business users
- Quanta, Taiwan’s huge contract manufacturer, will build it
- RIM will use the BlackBerry OS on it, likely BlackBerry 6
- It will use Marvell’s Armada processor
- BlackBerry OS suggests they will use its email capabilities to their advantage
Thursday, May 6, 2010
BlackBerry tablet, the “BlackPad”, are becoming a hot topic as well. In an article by Scott Moritz over at TheStreet, analysts talk about RIM’s position on the iPad and the development of their own tablet.